As the Holiday shopping has officially kicked off (as noted by the extensive Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales), it only seemed appropriate to share my DIY Holiday Gifts video as part of the “Haute Holiday Series” which will be on my YouTube channel. Let me know if you try out any of these DIY gift ideas and who you create them for!
Although summer is nearing its end, I wanted to share my favorite DIY body scrub that gives a really sexy leg glow and it’s extremely simple to put together. Using products that are most likely laying around the kitchen, this coconut and lime leg scrub exfoliates skin and keeps it smooth as ever. Exfoliating not only gives a beautiful glow, but improves circulation as well.
Some other great tips for maintaining sexy legs are:
1) Drink plenty of water
2) Shave legs regularly to remove hair
3) Stay active
4) Eat healthy
5) Apply lotion immediately after getting out of the shower to moisturize well (don’t dry off first)
6) Don’t wear clothing or undergarments that are too tight on your skin, as it can lead to varicose veins or numbing in the legs
Every girl needs a little R&R (rest and relaxation) once in awhile. Am I right or am I right? On those Sunday nights when I just want to stay at home and relax, I enjoy creating my own little “DIY Girl’s Night In” by making my home a spa in itself. This would also be a great idea to try out with your closest girl friends by inviting them over for a cozy night in.
No “Girl’s Night In” would be complete without:
- A pair of comfy pajamas (my favorite PJ’s are made by Victoria’s Secret)
- Hot, soothing tea (or even a glass of wine if you’re old enough of course) ( Stash Tea Exotic Tea )
- A favorite book ( You Can Create An Exceptional Life)
- Face mask of choice ( Blissoma Solutions natural skincare Refine Clay Renewal Treatment )
- A hot bubble bath
- A favorite candle burning ( Bath and Body Works Bahama Fizz )
- Manicures and pedicures ( Essie Nail Color Polish Turquoise and Caicos )
- Deep hair treatment ( Frederic Fekkai PRX Reparatives Intensive Fortifying Mask )
- Shaving the legs (I am using SatinCare by Olay and Gillette Venus razors in Sugarberry. Similar products here: Satin Care Shave Gel Gillette Venus & Olay Sugarberry )
- Crest WhiteStrips ( Crest 3d White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Strips )
Check out my “How to Pamper Yourself: DIY “Girl’s Night In” video and let me know if you try it out!
Hey guys, I hope you’re all enjoying your week thus far. If memory serves me correct (and my countdown for this epic moment)…tomorrow is THE day that Maison Martin Margiela releases in select H&M stores. Now that I have released my excitement for the day, on to my OOTD. I’ve really been enjoying various prints and textures so I decided to mix them in today’s look of the day by incorporating faux fur, velvet and leather. All of these materials are perfect for the fall/winter season and I love how it came together. Velvet is a material that I can rarely rock in Miami, but adding accents such as shoes or a simple velvet clutch can really make the look seem more luxurious.
What I’m wearing:
Express leather jacket
H&M faux leather shorts (I’ve been dying for a pair of these!!)
Steve Madden heels