I don’t know about you guys, but I have a killer sweet tooth at night. It’s almost frightening how intense it gets. However, these are three of my go-to dessert recipes that I like to make whenever I’m craving something sweet but still want to stay on track with my healthy lifestyle. These recipes take anywhere from 5-10 minutes each, to make. Some of my favorites include: banana-oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, protein ice cream, and chocolate chip cookie dough.
1. 3-Ingredient Cookies
This is one of my absolute go-to recipes when I have a sweet tooth and I’m craving a dessert.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. If you’d like a smoother consistency for the batter, grind the oats in a food processor before folding them in with the banana and chocolate chips. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
Feel free to add peanut butter on top!
2. 5-Minute Protein Ice Cream
5-Minute Protein Ice Cream
Protein Ice Cream is one of my favorite late-night treats to make. It’s extremely simple and easy to make!
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use Women's Best Chocolate vegan protein powder)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (Cashew milk gives it a creamy, ice cream consistency)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops stevia extract
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (Be careful not to add too much of this)
Add 4-5 ice cubes along with all ingredients into a blender and mix until it turns into an ice cream consistency. Feel free to add any toppings you’d like! For example, cacao nibs, berries, unsweetened coconut, nuts, peanut butter, etc.
3. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Who doesn’t love cookie dough? This is an alternative to traditional cookie dough, that is much better for you!
- 1/2 cup unsalted, drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp PB2 (powdered peanuts) (You can find this in the same aisle as peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops stevia extract (You can also use agave to sweeten)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips (I use the Enjoy Life brand)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk or cashew milk
Blend everything together except the dark chocolate chips. Fold in the chocolate chips. Devour!
For more quick and easy dessert recipes that are healthy,